Monday, November 15, 2010

Woodland 19th Birthday Party
















Happy Birthday Rissa!

Nineteen years ago...I was in labor wondering if I was ever going to see your little face. As Daddy reminded me, one way or another we were going to have you. I was begging for a C-Section and I think I even started to pout and refused to push any longer, but eventually with the help of a vacuum thingy, we saw little you! What a joy! Daddy was right. You were a girl and we were in LOVE!

You were so strong that you held your head up high as if you were saying, "Hello, world...I'm here!

There were nine baby girls in the nursery that Thursday morning and you were all having a hen party.

Daddy had recorded all of my favorite Christmas music onto a tape so that I would be distracted {THAT DID NOT WORK!} As Daddy and I tried to get a bit of rest, I remember thinking there was no way on earth that life could ever be better than those first hours...a beautiful, loud baby girl, all of our friends poppin' in and out {It is no wonder you love parties!}, our whole family in one place at one time...celebrating YOU!

Well, needless to say we have had many special moments, hours and years together. We have been incredibly blessed by your gentle spirit and by your amazing love and affection for others. Your sensitive heart to those who have little, to those who feel insignificant, and to those who are hurting.

We love you and are excited to see where God leads you!

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you...thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."

4 comments:

  1. We LOVE LOVE LOVE you too Laurissa!!!
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope rissa had an awesome birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Tara, Kim and Carmar...it was a fun party and Rissa loved it along with her friends! Thank you for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete